- Thai dessert
- This makes a HUGE amount, please cut into quarters for a family of 4-6. My mom's favorite.
3 1/2 cups water1. Wash tapioca pearls to get all the powder off
1 cup tapioca (small pearls - yellow, usually)
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 ears of corn (optional)
1 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon salt
2. Boil water on medium heat. Add pearls and stir so it doesn't stick.
3. When the tapioca pearls are half-clear (you can see the opaque center of each pearl), add sugar and stir to dissolve. Add corn* (optional). Take off heat.
4. Heat up one cup of coconut milk with the salt in another pot, to dissolve the salt fully.
5. Serve the tapioca mixture in a bowl with the coconut milk poured on top.
- Translated from http://guru.sanook.com/3285/